This past month has really thrown me for a loop. When you
truly believe that you have completely forgiven someone, it is shocking to
suddenly find out that there is more baggage there to clear out. In a
way, I am glad that I have had a chance to dig in and figure this out.
This has been the main topic on my mind, so posting has become difficult.
I wasn't sure I should put it out there, but I am an open book and
perhaps it will help someone else.
Basically, it
comes down to the fact that my thoughts and nightmares have been haunted by the
past. Flashbacks of horrible instances and many difficult to forgive acts
in my marriage have been taunting me. A good night of sleep has become a
rare thing. Almost every night, I manage
to get to sleep, but right around 3 am, I am jolted awake by a nightmare. This leads me down a path of thoughts and
worry that doesn't allow me to rest again for several hours. Of course, being tired has made me even sicker
of the whole issue. I decided to just be
patient with myself and talk it out to many friends. This is all part of the torture of divorce
and tearing up a family. All actions
have consequences even when you weren't the main one at fault.
My ex tells everyone that he is 100% responsible for what
happened. I would probably put it at
around 95%. I wasn't willing to hit
bottom with him. He had to hit that on
his own after the divorce. He has come
a long way, but he has a ways to go.
This morning, I didn't wake up until 5 am. The best part was that I felt completely
happy (tears of joy kind of happy). I am
actually thrilled that life gives people second chances. I know the road is going to be difficult for
him and his soon to be new wife, but I want to see them succeed and thrive. I hope they can do that together.
As for me, I am feeling very positive about the future. I don’t know what it has in store, but
working through the past only means things will get better. Also, this little exercise in shedding
burdens has made the scale my best friend.
Losing 10 lbs a month before my 40th birthday means I am
lighter physically as well as spiritually.
1 comment:
I've been there - still am, for that matter. For me, it was a very bad accident. In any case, it is bloody hard to put the pieces back together after something bad happens.
Good luck - sometimes you just have to be patient. (Spoken by someone who is not very good at being patient!)
Post a Comment