This evening, I suddenly felt like I wanted to make a list of things I am thankful for. It is a little long and I don't care if anyone else reads it. It was simply a great reminder for me.
I, Freckle Face Girl, remember:
1. I am thankful for my kids and the opportunity to be their mom. A while ago, I was in a class where the teacher asked us to think about what we were born to do. I realized that I was born to be a mom. That doesn’t mean that I am perfect (far from it), but I am passionate about it and I truly feel it is one of the aspects that helps to define me.
2. I am thankful for my job. I started working for this company almost 10 years ago. Life certainly has changed since then, but they continue to give me a pay check as well as moral support.
3. I am thankful that I work from home. At times it is tougher than working in an office, but it also allows me to live closer to the type of lifestyle I think is best for me and my kids. I realize that not many people are this lucky.
4. I am thankful that my kids go to fantastic schools and have great teachers. Most importantly, they are happy.
5. I am thrilled to be raising my kids in an area where their influences are mostly positive. I am amazed that elementary aged kids here only know “bad” words to be things like stupid, duh, and shut-up.
6. I am thankful that my mom has been such a great support my whole life, and especially over the last few years. Beyond her moral support, she continues to pay my health insurance and do whatever she can for me and the kids.
7. I am thankful for my family and glad that drama is not part of the dynamics. It isn’t because we are not bursting with personality. We just believe everyone is crazy, so we don’t get offended easily/at all.
8. I am thankful for the many wonderful friends I have made in my life and the ability to stay connected to them. I am also glad for friends that treat us like family and invite us to spend holidays (Thanksgiving) with them.
9. I am thankful that I attend a church with great people who are kind, compassionate, fun, smart, and continually working to improve themselves.
10. I am thankful for the many wonderful ways that my impossible prayers have been answered. One or two were even mind-blowing.
11. I am thankful for the opportunities to help others. It is amazing how those simple acts inspire someone to pay it forward or come back and return the favor years later (see #10).
12. I am thankful that this year is coming to an end. Before this year even started, I had a premonition (link to post) it was going to be tough and it truly has been. Now, I am just hoping something will brighten up next year. – So far, I have received no premonitions either way…
13. Maybe it is cheesy to end it like this, but…. I am thankful to be single so that I don’t have to share the master suite. I just LOVE having my own walk-in-closet and bathroom.


1 comment:
Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment